Overall 2015 has been a good year, I’ve achieved things I never imagined. Sure there’s been some pretty terrible lows but I’ve got through them.
This past year I have:
- Managed a weekend away, the first in I can’t remember how long!
- Decorated the living room, it took me the best of of seven months but who counted?!
- Strengthened my muscles, as a consequence of decorating, walking has become easier as I’ve built up the muscles while standing painting for short periods.
- Not only passed, but got a distinction in my Open University module!
- Baked cakes and cookies.
- Prepared my own meals, some in bulk so they can be frozen and reheated when required.
- Been out for a few hours each day for five days in a row without any major setbacks.
- Spent a day as a Princess and raised £225 plus £40.75 GiftAid for Invest in ME
And that’s just the things which stand out!
For 2016 things will be a bit different. In February I begin 16 months of solid study to complete my degree. Between February and September I shall be studying at least 10 hours a week. This means most other activities will have to be put on hold as I try and complete the final two modules of my degree (Don’t worry they’re not running simultaneously! But I won’t be getting a break between modules.).
I hope to continue building up my walking so I can manage that walk up the local corner shop on crutches and I definitely plan on being involved in Team Princess again if I can. I think for everything else I’ll have to see how things go and base decisions on how well I’m doing as the year progresses. I’m not going to rule anything out since I can’t predict the future. A trip to meet some friends I’ve made online would be wonderful if it is possible. Delving into the world of dating would be another step towards doing something ‘normal’ for a person my age but I’m not sure I’ll have the energy while studying so much or the courage to go for it. We wait and see.
In the meantime I wish every reader a Very Happy New Year! I hope it brings better health and happiness to each and every one of you.